Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cafes in Austin

Mozart's is pretty much the landmark coffee house in Austin. Ask any local here, and you'll hear a resounding "go to Mozart's." Their bottomless coffee is my favorite on our puppy uno, Egyptian slap, and Texas Hold'em nights. They have amazing looking cheesecakes that don't always translate into the amazing tasting. It's really a place to soak up the atmosphere and good company if you can bear to get over the parking nightmare.



Mozart's

There are now two more conveniently located coffee houses in South Austin that I'm warming up to. Dominican Joe's and Fair Bean Coffee.

I love how Fair Bean offers drinks you can't find elsewhere. I'm very fond of the Red Symphony, which is a double shot of Red Espresso with white chocolate chips melted in steamed milk and topped with homemade whip cream and a squirt of honey. It's delectable. I have yet to try other drinks there, but I can't seem to tear myself away from this one!


Fair Bean Coffee-Red Symphony

My friends and I recently worked on our project together at Dominican Joe's, and it seems that everyone was there for school work as well. If you're looking for a place to study, this is a good option because there aren't many distractions. Their drink menu is not as interesting as Fair Bean, but the flan latte caught my eye. The presentation is beautiful, and the taste was pretty good. The flan flavor was just right. Any more would be too much.
Dominican Joe's-Flan Latte and Cinnamon Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment