Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Crowne Plaza in Dandong

Dandong, for some reason, always left me tired to the point where I don't feel like venturing out of my hotel for food. Good thing the Crowne Plaza provides pretty good food. However, their restaurant business is not doing so well. Everytime I ate at one of their restaurants, I've been nearly their only customer.

The sandwiches are all really tasty, but it takes them 40 minutes to churn them out! It's a sandwich! How hard is it to slap things together?


Roast Beef Sandwich; Smoked Salmon and Cucumber on Wheat
I was surprised that their Chinese restaurant had unique dishes like the chilled smoked duck with salted egg yolks. This dish was stunning. I have never seen or tasted a dish like this before. This dish, alone, warrants a visit by anyone in Dandong.


Chilled Smoked Duck Meat with Salted Egg Yolk



Fried Rice; Dongbei Pot of Corn, Potato Noodles, Potatoes, Pork Belly, and Corn Bread

Green Tea Jelly

No comments:

Post a Comment