Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Squash & Scallops Take Two

I bought a butternut squash like I said I would after my first interpretation of the pumpkin and scallops tapas I had in Dalian, China. Butternut squash definitely has a sweeter and creamier taste than acorn squash, and thus works better for this dish. However, I believe the even sweeter pumpkin would make this dish even better. No wonder the tapas restaurant in Dalian stuck with the pumpkin. I never cooked anything besides zucchini and yellow squash in the squash family so this dish was a fun excuse for me to experiment and taste the different larger squashes.

I cooked the sauce and the scallops the same as last time, but opted to steam my butternut squash this time because it's less work.


Seared Scallops with Creamy Mustard Wine Sauce on Steamed Mashed Butternut Squash

No comments:

Post a Comment