Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Maudie's Tex Mex: How I Found Comfort in an Office Lunch Disaster

Another office (not the cookie swap office) inflicted a hilariously awkward lunch onto my friend and me.  I won't go into details here, but it really was as awkward as it could get, though I wouldn't put it past this office to throw another curve ball at me in the future.

The setting was at Maudie's, a restaurant I've been wanting to try since Jennifer H. of the cookie swap office told me about their Diablo Sol Food queso.  And boy, even though my friend and I had to endure through a certain degree of humiliation, I took comfort in food like any forlorn maiden.  The prices were awesome too.  I'm almost willing to forget this office ridiculousness.

Free Chips and Salsa

Diablo Sol Food-melted cheese seasoned with garlic, onions, peppers, taco beef, and pico de gallo.

Yes, Jennifer, this queso just bursts with flavor!  I will be coming to Maudie's regularly for this.  As much as I love Torchy's queso, I'm more of a carnivorous queso eater.  Hula Hut's queso compuesto is still my favorite, but I'm no fan of the price.  My credit card whimpers everytime I head there for just queso.  So until Hula Hut changes their price, I'll be heading to Maudie's for my bowl of melty cheese.

Soft Tacos with Taco Beef, Lettuce, Tomatoes, and Guacamole

Besides loving the queso, I was shocked to eat a plate of satisfying soft tacos for only $5.95!  By the end of the meal, I was laughing away my work-related troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment