Friday, February 5, 2010

Franklin's BBQ Trailer

Franklin's BBQ

I decided to cheer myself up after a dreary day at work and before my afternoon and late evening classes with BBQ from Franklin's

Franklin's Menu

I ordered the 2 meats combo: sausage, pork ribs, potato salad, and cole slaw.  Wow.  That sausage was the best BBQ sausage I EVER had.  It beats even the highly esteemed Salt Lick's!  The sausage was juicy, tightly packed in the casing, and snapped with each bite.  However, the ribs did not impress.  The rub fell flat on the surface and the seasoning did not penetrate the meat.  I had to rely on the espresso and hot BBQ sauces.  The sauces were too vinegary.  I wanted the espresso to have more coffee bean flavor and less tartness. 

2 meats combo: sausage, pork ribs, potato salad, and cole slaw

I'll have to try the beef brisket next time and of course help myself to another sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment