Friday, February 19, 2010

Tacos at Cabo Bob's Burritos

Cabo Bob's Burritos

I avoided going to Cabo Bob's for a long time being a loyal Freebird's customer, but its location and variety lured me in. 

I was most excited about the different flavored tortillas made-to-order in front of you.  I checked out their menu online before going, and I was glad I took dorky notes on the 3 tacos I wanted.  It turned out I wasn't the only person in line with ingredient notes! 

Ancho Chili, Smokey Cheddar, and Cilantro Tomatillo Tortillas

Here's what I ordered:

1) Chicken fajita with lettuce, cheese, and chipotle crema on ancho chili tortilla

2) Fish with chipotle crema, mango and cucumber pico, and lettuce on cilantro tomatillo tortilla

3) Beef fajita with pico de gallo, cheese, and ancho rancho on smokey cheddar tortilla

The veggie ingredients were fresh and the mango cucumber pico won me over.  However, the only meat filling worth ordering is the beef fajita.  The chicken was dry and overcooked, and the fried fish tasted like school cafeteria fish sticks.  I had the shredded pork once before this visit, and it was bland.  The beef on the other hand was tender and flavorful. 

Next time I come here, I'll order beef for all three tacos and continue experimenting with topping and tortilla flavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment