Friday, December 24, 2010

IM Thai Cuisine

IM Thai Cuisine is a new Thai restaurant that has won me over with its delicious offerings and great service.  What is super great about this place is that you can taste the freshness of the ingredients. 

The Thai tea here is not too sweet, which is perfect.  I want my Thai tea to taste like tea and not some syrupy mess.

Thai Tea

We ordered the N3 Pad Kee Mao, which is stir-fried flat noodles with mushrooms, Thai chili, basil, tomatoes, bell peppers, and (choice of meat) beef.  The Pad Kee Mao is addictive.  The tangyness from the tomatoes gives this noodle dish a sharper flavor.  I used to think that I could never part with my Kua Gai at Thai restaurants, but this might be my new Thai noodle dish obsession.  I have to admit, my former go-to Thai restaurant, Madam Mam's, has gotten really lax with the quality of their meats. I detected some funky smell and taste in the beef several times in my beloved F11 Guay Teaw Kua Gai. The meat in my noodle dish at IM Thai does not have the stink of days/week old meat like at Madam Mam's. So-long Madam Mam, and hello IM Thai!
 
Pad Kee Mao

I originally wanted to try the C6 Duck Curry, but it wasn't available that day so I ordered the H2 Pla Pad Ped, crispy catfish topped with stir-fried bell peppers, fresh basil, lime leaves in a red curry sauce.  This really was a whole catfish.  The portion was huge!  And I did not complain.  This dish is so amazing that my dining companion and I nearly finished everything in the adorable fish fire pot.  Although the pieces of catfish was simmering in the curry, the fish still retained its fried crispiness.  The curry itself was sweet, savory, creamy, and spicy.  I highly recommend this dish.

Pla Pad Ped

Pla Pad Ped


No comments:

Post a Comment