Friday, July 1, 2011

House Pizzeria

Pin It

After reading great reviews on House Pizzeria, I was determined to get a bite of what some say is the best pizza in town.  However, this was one of the biggest disappointments I've experienced in Austin!

Lemon-Rosemary Italian Soda

Let's start with first impressions.  There's a good variety of Italian soda flavors, which got me all excited.  The lemon-rosemary soda was light, refreshing, and had a strong rosemary scent.  Nice.

The first pizza we tried was the Subterranean with caramelized onion, fontina, mushrooms, rosemary roasted potatoes, basil.  This was pretty good, but the really burnt bottom made bits and pieces of the pizza difficult to consume.  Other than the burnt crust, the intermingling flavors of the fresh ingredients made the pizza quite enjoyable.  I never thought that I would like potatoes on my pizza!  Carbs squared!

Subterranean - Caramelized onion, fontina, mushrooms, rosemary roasted potatoes, basil

Subterranean - Caramelized onion, fontina, mushrooms, rosemary roasted potatoes, basil

The big disappointment came in the form of the Sausage and Mushroom pizza.  It was lacking in sausage, and the crust had an abundance of completely burnt air bubbles.  I had to remove all the burnt parts of the pizza before eating.  I wasn't impressed.

Sausage and Mushroom Pizza

Sausage and Mushroom Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment