Friday, December 23, 2011

Madeleines!

Pin It

I couldn't resist buying a madeleine pan once I decided to go on my DC baking binge.  I only managed to make 2 kinds of madeleines before departing, but I will definitely be making more once I get settled in Madison.  I'm eyeing matcha madeleine recipes right now...

My first madeleines were not quite as successful as I wanted.  I forgot to add honey so my lavender madeleines turned out on the dry side.  Luckily Jamie made delicious chai for us to dip the madeleines in.  The lavender butter was tremendous though.  I would definitely apply the technique of melting butter with lavender in other recipes.  The smell is irresistible!

Lavender Madeleines
(Recipe Adapted from PurpleFoodie)

Melting butter with lavender

Ready for the oven

Lavender madeleines with chai

My second batch of madeleines was much more successful because, well, I didn't forget any steps, and the parmesan helped make the madeleines both moist on the inside and slightly crunchy on the outside.  Instead of  ground pepper called for in the Williams-Sonoma recipe, I added cayenne pepper because I love the bit of tang it has that's lacking in black pepper.

Rosemary-Parmesan Madeleines
(Recipe Adapted from Williams-Sonoma)

Rosemary-Parmesan Spicy Madeleines

No comments:

Post a Comment